WE have designed a range of course targeted to support mental health and wellbeing within educational settings. Addressing the wellbeing needs of staff, students, parents and carers will create a congenial environment conducive to learning.
All courses are specifically designed to ensure participants benefit from a range of teaching styles. Activities aim to inspire, motivate and energise participants. They enable learning to be consolidated as well as being enjoyable. We employ a range of evidence-based practices, including CBT, Social Learning Theory and Solution Focused Therapy to inform our courses.
WE aim to:
- Help staff and students to develop a clearer understanding of wellbeing.
- Enhance skills and strategies to manage wellbeing.
- Develop tools for staff to support the wellbeing of the young people in school whom they work with.
All courses are certificated on successful completion. All courses include lunch, teas and coffees.
One Day Courses: Appropriate for all members of staff.
- Emotional wellbeing and the developing brain.
- Understanding the importance of wellbeing within the learning process.
- Raising self-esteem through positive behaviour.
- Building resilience to manage stresses and challenges.
- Strategies for staff to manage change.
- Being mentally prepared for inspections.
- Approaches to developing and maintaining a healthy wellbeing classroom.
Three Day Courses:
Developing Emotional Wellbeing through Students Wellbeing Circles.
Students Wellbeing Circles is a whole school approach of working to support the wellbeing of students. They are facilitated by a member of staff who has received training. These are delivered on a weekly basis and can be specifically planned to support students with special educational needs.
In this course you will learn how to deliver effective Students Wellbeing Circles to help students of all ages in school. This course is aimed at support staff such as TA’s, LSA’s, HLTA’s and mentors.
Developing Children’s Emotional Wellbeing through Parents and Carers Wellbeing Circles.
Parents Wellbeing Circles is a whole school way of working to support parents and carers who have children at risk of exclusion, children with special educational needs and looked after children. They are facilitated by a member of staff who has received training and usually take place over six weeks on a weekly basis.
In this course you will learn how to deliver effective Wellbeing Circles to help parents to look after their own wellbeing, whilst supporting their child’s wellbeing. This is aimed at support staff such as TA’s, LSA’s, HLTA’s and mentors.
Five Day Courses:
The Wellbeing Curriculum
The Wellbeing Curriculum for staff is a five day course which can be spread over the academic year. This aims to enable staff to understand and nurture their own wellbeing as well as supporting the wellbeing of colleagues, students and parents. This is suitable for all teaching staff:
- The building blocks of emotional wellbeing.
- Understanding behaviour and the impact on emotional wellbeing.
- Developing pro-social skills to support emotional wellbeing.
- Nurturing resilience to promote emotional wellbeing.
- Developing language and communication skills to support emotional wellbeing.
Nurturing Emotional Wellbeing with students who have Special Educational Needs.
Nurturing the emotional wellbeing of students with special educational needs has five modules. Each one is a day course and a certificate of attendance is awarded on the day. These courses can be taken over an academic year and a certificate is awarded on completion of all the five modules. These focus on supporting the wellbeing of students who have specific special educational needs.
This course is aimed at teaching staff as well as support staff and mentors.
The five modules are:
- Discovering me behind the walls of communication.
- Why is making friends and maintaining relationships so tough?
- Living in a literacy world with dyslexia.
- Within the realms of sensory and physical impairment.
- Inside I’m sad and anxious.
Developing Pro-Social Skills to Support Emotional Wellbeing in the class.
This course can be spread over an academic year. A certificate of attendance is awarded on the day with a certificate of achievement awarded on completion of all five modules. This is appropriate for all members of staff.
- Strategies for managing, changing and maintaining positive behaviour.
- Developing language and communication skills.
- Nurturing resilience.
- The importance of relationships.
- Self-awareness and the impact of our interactions.